• Board Member of Several Yapı Merkezi Companies, Yapı Merkezi, Istanbul, Turkey (December 2002-Present).
• Director of Project Support Department, Yapı Merkezi, Istanbul, Turkey (January 2008-Present) Responsible for controlling, monitoring and reporting and of all company projects technical disciplines, and general procurement.
• Deputy Project Manager, Yapı Merkezi Istanbul, Turkey (January 2003-December 2007) Zeytinburnu-Bağcılar Light Rail System Project. Contract Value: $ 40 million. Responsible for scheduling, cost control, coordinating of resources, progress payments.
• Project Manager, TBE Group, Inc. (www.tbegroup.com), Long Beach, California, USA (June 2002-September 2002). LUSAD (LAWA-Los Angeles World Airports, Los Angeles, Ontario, Van Nuys, Palmdale Airports-Utilities Survey and Documentation) GIS Project Phase I. Contract Value: $0.2 Million. Responsible for consulting Carter & Burgess in the Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Services, which will be performed in Phase II.
• Project Engineer, TBE Group, Inc., Long Beach, California, USA (February 2002-June 2002). A recognized engineering industry leader in subsurface imaging technologies, TBE offers subsurface utility engineering (SUE), subsurface utility mapping (SUM), ground penetrating radar (GPR), surveying and mapping, global positioning system (GPS) and computer-aided design (CAD). Responsible for coordination of field crews, preparing proposals, cost control, schedule, issuing final deliverables, preparing progress reports, QA/QC and administrative tasks in the office.
• Research Assistant, Purdue University, School of Civil Engineering, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA (January 2001-December 2001). JTRP Project sponsored by INDOT about Technologies for Imaging and Locating of Underground Utilities (SUE, Subsurface Utility Engineering).
• Assistant Project Manager, Yapi Merkezi, Istanbul, Turkey (July 1999–January 2000). Subor-Park Project in Adapazari, Turkey. Contract Value: $2 million. Constructed after the 1999 Izmit Earthquake 24 houses. Construction has been completed within 1 month. Responsible for schedule, material orders, cost control, issuing progress payments, progress reports, site inspections, site accounting.
• Site Engineer, Yapi Merkezi, Istanbul, Turkey (Nov. 1998-July 1999). IICS (Istanbul International Community School) Campus Project, Istanbul, Turkey. Contract Value: $12 million. Responsible for schedule, material orders, cost control, financial relations with the subcontractors, issuing progress payments, progress reports, site inspections.
S.O. Arıoğlu, D. Abraham, N. Zembillas, D. Halpin (May 2002) “Implementation of Subsurface Utility Engineering Technologies: A Case Study”, NODIG Conference, International Trenchless Technologies, May 2002, Copenhagen, Denmark
B. Arioglu, S.O. Arıoğlu, E. Arıoğlu (June 1999) “The Excavation Performance of the EPBM Machine in the Izmir Metro Project, 16th National Mining Congress of Turkey, June 1999, Ankara, Turkey.
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana (August 2000 – December 2001)
Degree: Master of Science in Engineering
Concentration: Construction Engineering and Management
University of California Berkeley Extension, Berkeley, California (May 2000-August 2000)
Concentration: Project Management Diploma Program
Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey (September 1994-June 1998)
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering